Sunday, September 25, 2011

Review: "Yours Until Dawn" by Teresa Medeiros

Yours Until DawnYours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The first part of this book was wonderful. Based on the book premise, I had expected a very angsty story with a dark and tortured hero, but it was actually a fun read - and I even laughed so much on one scene (when Beckwith, Gabriel's buttler, "described" Samantha's looks to him) that I had to stop reading for a moment. I really enjoyed the banter between Gabriel and Samantha, and I especially liked the fact that she didn't pity him - like she said, he had enough pity for himself already, so he didn't need hers too. Samantha was strong and didn't beat around the bushes when it came to making Gabriel and everyone else, including his family, deal with his blindness.

Then, out of nowhere, came the plot twist that had my head spinning... I had been warned that something "unexpected" happened in the last third of the story and I'm all for turn-the-table events when they add more "drama" to the plot, but this one was kind of strange. Suddenly, Gabriel and Samantha had some serious personality changes, and I felt like I was reading about two different characters. I understood Gabriel's change slightly better, but Samantha's new attitude made me wonder where the spunky and daredevil heroine from the first part of the book had gone.

Thankfully, the epilogue - as short as it was - made it all better again and I didn't have to close the book with that feel of disappointment. Nicely done, Ms. Medeiros!

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book and I'd gladly reread the first part (before the plot twist) and the epilogue, leaving the small intermission in between "buried" and forgotten.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment