Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Review: "Bodyguard" by Beverly Havlir

BodyguardBodyguard by Beverly Havlir

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed this book. There's nothing new in terms of plotline: hero is a cop who is assigned to protect heroine 24/7, their closed proximity ends up heating up the sheets, bad guy tricks them and almost kills her, hero saves heroine's life, and they live HEA. I happen to like this kind of story, so this book was almost like a comfort read for me... I said "almost" because no one could be really comfortable with the sizzling, steamy sex scenes. I was hot and bothered! ;)

A few more pages would have improved the story. Nick and Paige needed more time together to make me believe they were truly in love - and not only in lust - with each other by the end of the book. And there was something missing in the way they settled things before the HEA. I don't know, it was kind of tepid. Anyway, they felt right together and I didn't doubt they were going to have a lot of fun with each other.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment