Thursday, February 17, 2011

Review: "Understood" by Maya Banks

Understood (Unspoken, #1)Understood by Maya Banks

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The premise of this book had potential, but it needed more pages to be developed. As it was, the subject of Ellie's abuse wasn't dealt with the necessary depth to draw me into the story. Jake and Ellie were nice characters, but their HEA felt "forced": I didn't believe she was already emotionally stable to commit herself to him - or any other man, for that matter - and the nervous breakdown she had near the end of the story proved that.

Overall, this wasn't a bad read, but it wasn't good enough to put Ms. Banks on my authors-to-watch list. If I come across one of her other books in the future, I might try it if the premise appeals to me. You won't see me running to get it, though.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment