Sunday, July 10, 2011

Review: "Awakening Beauty" by Amy J. Fetzer

Awakening Beauty (Silhouette Desire, #1548)Awakening Beauty by Amy J. Fetzer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


From the book blurb:

MONEY CAN´T BUY EVERYTHING...

It certainly couldn't buy Lane Douglas a way out of the scandalous rumors that followed her everywhere, leaving her no choice but to take on a new identity in a new town. But she never imagined this endeavor to disguise her heiress status would awaken her dormant desire.

Suddenly she was embroiled in a wild tango of temperaments with high-powered playboy Tyler McKay, who was determined to have her in his bed. Lane was tempted beyond reason to take Tyler up on his offer and share the sheets in a blazing affair with this man who aroused her passion like no other. But would succumbing to Tyler's seduction bare their relationship to the tabloids and reveal her most closely guarded secret — or bring her everlasting pleasure?

**********

This was my 3rd book by Amy Fetzer and, by now, I think it´s safe to say that she´s become one of my favorite Harlequin/Silhouette authors. I don´t know why I kept her books on my TBR for so long...

The book blurb was a little misleading - surprise, surprise! ;) - because Tyler was not a playboy and was interested in more than some "action in the sac" with Lane. Okay, he was marriage-shy due to a bad experience in the past but, after meeting and getting to know her, he wanted more than a "blazing affair" with her.

I loved Tyler, Lane and their continuing witty banter. Apart from a "sad" moment near the end of the book - you´ve got to have that "climatic" moment where the hero and the heroine have an argument before realizing they belong together, right? :) -, I think I had a smile on my face the whole time I was reading the book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment