Saturday, July 16, 2011

Review: "Going... Going... Wed!" by Amy J. Fetzer

Going ... Going ... Wed! (The Bridal Bid / Wife, Inc.) (Silhouette Desire)Going ... Going ... Wed! (The Bridal Bid / Wife, Inc.) by Amy J. Fetzer

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


From the book blurb:

THE MILLIONAIRE'S MARRIAGE BID...

When Alex Donahue won Madison Holt's domestic services at a charity auction, he didn't know he'd need her help to secure the deal of his lifetime. Madison had no illusions about their pretend marriage, but her innocent kisses had this marriage-shy millionaire dreaming about a very different merger...

Alex had never known a female who seemed to care more for who and not what he was. And while his instincts warned him away from a woman meant for marrying, he was drawn to his virginal bride like a moth to flame. Could he convince his wife-for-hire to take on the role for a lifetime?

**********

This was another sweet and lovely book by Amy Fetzer. I like the way she shows how her heroes and heroines fall in love with each other - not only in this book, but in all the other books by her that I've read so far. There's always the required initial sexual attraction between them, of course, but they actually talk and get to know each other before jumping into bed. How "refreshing" is that? :)

I adored Alex, but Madison was a little too good to be true. And why did she have to get pregnant? Okay, it was very close to the end of the book, but I really don't see the need for it and the fact that she didn't intend to tell Alex about it bothered me. Anyway, aside from that minor "complaint", I had a very good time reading this book and I'm still a fan of Ms. Fetzer's writing style.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment