Sunday, July 17, 2011

Review: "Kiss of the Highlander" by Karen Marie Moning

Kiss of the Highlander (Highlander, #4)Kiss of the Highlander by Karen Marie Moning

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I loved everything about this book, starting with the yummy cover! Oh boy, I could stare at Nathan Kamp's lips for a lifetime!... ;)

Now, focusing on the story itself... Once again, KMM gave us a more-than-wonderful hero (Drustan MacKeltar) but, this time, she gave us an amazing heroine (Gwen Cassidy) who, I admit, I loved better than the hero. And that's something, because I adored Drustan! Gwen was intelligent, funny, feisty and determined; Drustan didn't really stand a chance with her. When she locked him in the garderobe to force him into "seeing reason", I did a little happy dance - only in my mind, of course...

While I was reading the book, I kept wondering how KMM would solve the "changing the past" issue. I mean, once Gwen suceeded in preventing Drustan's enchantment in the 16th century, he wouldn't be in the cave for her to find in the 21st century, they wouldn't fall in love, and so on... Aaargh, my mind went a little crazy over this, until I reached KMM's "resolution". Good and logical but, like Gwen said when Drustan explained what had happened, "this hurts my head." (LOL)

I was planning on taking a break from the series after this book, but I just can't - not after having read Silvan's letter at the end! Thankfully, I'm late to the Highlander party and Dageus's book has already been released, so I don't have to wait. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment