Sunday, July 3, 2011

Review: "Summersville Heat" by N.J. Walters

Summersville Heat (Summersville Secrets #1-2)Summersville Heat by N.J. Walters

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This anthology contains two hot novellas loosely interconnected - the two couples live in the same town, Summersville, and are sort of friends - and there's no need to read one to understand the other.

Annabelle Lee (3 stars)

Mike was one yummy hero but I wanted to smack Annabelle in the head for being so insecure. He always treated her with respect and it was obvious he wanted more than a pure sexual relationship with her, so her failure to recognize and accept that only made her look stupid. She came to her senses in the end - she had to or there would have been no HEA - but I couldn't help feeling that Mike deserved someone better.

Heat Wave (3 stars)

Once again, I loved the hero (Tucker) and couldn't stand the heroine (Emma). And to make things worse, the reason was the same stated above. I felt like I was reading a rehashed version of the 1st story, only Emma's insecurity was more unbelievable than Annabelle's.

Since this is an erotica/romantica anthology, these two stories are filled with hot sex scenes. Those "encounters" were OK but didn't raise my temperature. Have I become too jaded? I don't think so. Anyway, this book was good enough to keep me entertained for a couple of hours but there was nothing, good or bad, memorable about it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment