Sunday, April 24, 2011

Review: "Bed of Roses" by Nora Roberts

Bed of Roses (Bride Quartet, #2)Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


4 1/2 stars


After finding Vision in White a good but slightly disappointing read, I "knew" - as far as anyone can know such thing - that I'd enjoy Bed of Roses better. Something to do with this 2nd book being better received by most readers and my having lower expectations, I guess. No matter why, I did find Bed of Roses highly entertaining.

Emma was the main reason this book worked for me, with her utterly romantic nature. She was also the reason this book lost 1/2 star in the end, when she attacked Jack for no reason at all (IMHO). Worse, she refused to listen to him and just cut him loose. Argh!

Anyway, besides that small bump in the road, I thoroughly enjoyed watching Emma and Jack's friendship develop and grow into love. And dancing in the moonlight? Which woman could resist that? *sighs*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment