Thursday, April 21, 2011

Review: "Rescue Me" by Christy Reece

Rescue Me (Last Chance Rescue, #1)Rescue Me by Christy Reece

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I'm not in the mood to write a full review, so I'll just go straight to the point...

I enjoyed this read: Ms. Reece's writing was good, the premise and the setup for the series were engaging, Noah McCall was a very interesting secondary character - why do I always fall for the manipulative and seemingly coldhearted bastard? - and the villains had a twisted ethic code that saved them from being jut slimy, one-dimensional characters. So why "only" 4 stars? Well, that was basically Jordan's and Devon/Eden's fault: I liked them and felt sorry for them, but their eagerness to jump into conclusions every single time made me wonder how good they were at their jobs. I mean, given the fact that they pretty much lived to lie in their line of work, shouldn't they be better at not taking anything at face value? *shakes head in frustration*

Anyway, I'm sold to this series because the good stuff surpasses my annoyance with Jordan and Devon/Eden. I rarely read series back to back, but I've already picked up the next book to read. It's Noah's story, how could I have resisted? ;)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment