Friday, April 22, 2011

Review: "Return to Me" by Christy Reece

Return to Me (Last Chance Rescue, #2)Return to Me by Christy Reece

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Still not in the mood to write full reviews, so straight to the point it is again...

Noah and Samara were introduced in Rescue Me, the 1st book in the series, and I was happy to see that I didn't have to wait "forever" to read their book. I was even happier to see that their book didn't disappoint me. Great writing with a good mix of romance and suspense, yummy hero with a past tortured enough to make me want to hug him and never let go, strong heroine who isn't afraid to fight for what she wants but also knows when to back off, surprising villain - yup, I didn't see that coming :) - and several tense, nail-biting and cringe-worthy scenes that kept me glued to my couch/bed/wherever I was. What's not to like? Granted, I had to suspend my disbelief a couple of times, but it wasn't enough to bother me. This is Romancelandia, not real life. As long as I'm connected to the H/h and I'm engaged in their story, I don't mind going along with whatever the author throws my way.

Note: This is the 2nd book in the series and, as much it pains me to say it, you don't have to read the 1st one to enjoy this one. However, why would you want to skip the 1st book? ;)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment