Thursday, June 16, 2011

Review: "A Kingdom of Dreams" by Judith McNaught

A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland, #1)A Kingdom of Dreams by Judith McNaught

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Judith McNaught has done it again! This book has two major "pet peeves" of mine (#1- at the beginning, the hero beats the heroine not only once, but twice; #2- somewhere down the road, the hero and the heroine are torn apart by a Big Misunderstanding), but who cares? I don't know why, I don't know how, but I ended up loving this book! :)

Royce turned out to be a wonderful hero. After a less-than-thrilling introduction, he slowly (but steadily) started to grow on me, up to the point where I understood and forgave everything he'd done. That's not to be taken lightly, because I never - or should I say, almost never - forgive a hero who raises his hand against the heroine.

As for Jennifer, I had mixed feelings about her throughout the book - sometimes I wanted to hug her, sometimes I wanted to scream at her - but I ended up understanding and loving her too. (BTW, I think "Jennifer" is an unusual name for a medieval heroine but I'm not an expert in History, so I'm not sure it's not appropriate.)

As for the story, what an emotional roller-coaster! When I become so involved in a book that I find myself laughing, crying and even "talking" to the characters, I know I have a winner in my hands. I didn't always agree with everything Royce and Jennifer did but, in a sense, their actions were consistent and "right". And what they did in the end... What a scene! I still feel a tug in my heart remembering it. *sighs*



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment