Monday, June 6, 2011

Review: "Savor the Moment" by Nora Roberts

Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3)Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3 1/2 stars



Once again, NR proves how good she is when it comes to write friendship. Unfortunately, that got in the way of the romance and I didn't connect with Del and Laurel's love story. Del was a nice guy, but too smooth and perfect to raise my temperature. Laurel was a bit harsher than him, but her bouts of temper felt forced to me because they were irrational and came out of nowhere. Okay, that is known to happen in Romancelandia, but that behavior is usually associated with a character who's also irrational - and that wasn't Laurel's case.

So, all in all, this was a slightly better than average read to me, mostly because I enjoyed watching the friends' dynamics. Del and Laurel's romance was kind of meh. I was happy with their HEA, but I wouldn't be devastated if they had decided to stay just friends.

Now I have a long wait until Happy Ever After, the last book in the series. I really hope it's worth the wait and the series ends with a bang. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment