Saturday, June 11, 2011

Review: "Night Game" by Christine Feehan

Night Game (GhostWalkers, #3)Night Game by Christine Feehan

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was another great installment in the 'GhostWalkers' series! It was funnier than the previous books, thanks to Gator, the charming and sexy Cajun hero. That man could draw a smile from the most bad-tempered person. I loved the way he brought the tension down with his remarks, all the while keeping his focus on what was important. Flame was a bit "difficult to love" at first - alpha females aren't easy to take - but she grew on me and, in the end, I truly understood her reasoning.

The "conspiracy theory" that Flame brought to the table was a nice surprise and I wonder how the story arc will be played from now on. I don't like never-ending series - with one single exception, J.D. Robb's In Death series - so I hope Ms. Feehan isn't planning on dragging the GhostWalkers to the next generation.

The ending of this book wasn't your typical HEA and I was a little "uncomfortable" with the last chapter (for personal reasons), but it was very fitting. The book left some questions unanswered, and I hope to see them explained in the next book in the series.

The GhostWalkers series keeps going strong and I'll glady pick the next book up to read soon.

Note: My OCD couldn't help noticing that one character's name has been changed in this book: Kaden is now Kadan. It's a small detail, but it bothers me. I don't know who to blame: the author, for not keeping track of her character's name, or the editor, for letting it slide.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment