Saturday, June 25, 2011

Review: "Speed Dating" by Nancy Warren

Speed DatingSpeed Dating by Nancy Warren

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


I only finished this book because I'm stubborn and kept hoping things would get better. Unfortunately, they never did and I just lost two hours of my life.

Dylan and Kendall were annoyingly stupid and had zero chemistry together. He spent the whole book as a pawn to his ex-wife's demands, to the point that he just let her sit on his lap and kiss him passionately, all the while finding nothing wrong with it - and that happened very close to the end of the book, not at the beginning or even at the middle of it! Kendall wasn't exactly a doormat but she was just too passive and forgiving. At one point, I really thought she should dump Dylan and hook up with his ex-wife's new husband because they would make a better match. If I cared, I'd still be wondering how I was supposed to believe Dylan and Kendall's HEA; as I don't, I'll just wish them luck and forget I've ever met them.

The only saving grace here was the fact that I didn't pay a cent for this book, since this was one of the freebies that Harlequin gave away in celebration of its 60th Anniversary. Other than that, this was a complete waste of my time.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment