Saturday, August 6, 2011

Review: "Fantasy Lover" by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter, #0.5)Fantasy Lover by Sherrilyn Kenyon

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was my first book by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I've read (and liked) some of the books she wrote under the name Kinley MacGregor, but I didn't know if I could use them as a reference because authors who change their pen names usually do it to establish different writing styles.

Well... I liked this book but didn't love it. I had some laughs - which weren't always from laughing with the story, but from laughing at some of its "silliness" - and one heartbreaking moment when Julian told Grace about his past and all the events that caused him to be cursed. Julian was a wonderful hero, a true "fantasy lover" - sorry, I couldn't resist saying it :) -, but his "perfectness" annoyed me. All those allegedly mature women drooling all over him and acting like horny teenagers... Please! *rolls eyeballs* Even Grace didn't act like a 29-year-old woman sometimes. And don't get me started on her being a "born-again virgin" who worked as a sex therapist, LOL.

Anyway, it wasn't all bad and I even had some "awww" moments, like when Julian "restored" Grace's personal library. But those moments were too far in between and there was little else truly engaging to keep me hooked to this book.

If this book is a good sample of what I should expect from the Dark-Hunter series, I can't see what the fuss is all about and I'm not jumping to get the next books. We shall see...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment