Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Review: "If You Desire" by Kresley Cole

If You Desire (MacCarrick Brothers, #2)If You Desire by Kresley Cole

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This is the second book in the MacCarrick Brothers Trilogy and I'm sorry to say I still don't get how easily those brothers dismiss their curse after letting it dictate all their lives before "surrendering" to the heroine. I mean, I'm all for the HEA, but I thought things were wrapped too quickly. Not only in this book, but in the first book in the series too. I guess the saying "love conquers all" is really true...

I really liked both Hugh and Jane, the hero and the heroine in this book, even though I was less than thrilled with her at the beginning. Her "escapades" were not something I expected to see from a 27-year-old woman, they looked more like something a teenager would do. Anyway, she stopped that nonsense soon enough and eventually tried to work things out with him. Her reaction to Hugh's finally explaining why they couldn't be together was just right and, rational being that I am, I think I would have done the same thing.

Now, I need to read the last book in the series, just to know what happened to Ethan. Obviously, he's alive - after all, he's the hero! - but I wonder how he's managed to survive Grey's attack.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment