Sunday, August 21, 2011

Review: "A Summer to Remember" by Mary Balogh

A Summer to Remember A Summer to Remember by Mary Balogh

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I absolutely loved this book! Right from the start, Ms. Balogh's writing enchanted (there isn't another word for it) me and, before I knew it, I was in love with both Kit and Lauren. :)

This was not a story full of action, escapades and mysteries to be solved. It didn't take me into an emotional rollercoaster that ended up leaving me happily drained at the end. It was, pure and simple, a love story about two people who, at first, seemed ill-suited but couldn't have been more right to each other. The characters, the setting, the romance, the pace, everything was just perfect and I truly enjoyed it.

Note: This book introduces the Bedwyn siblings, who are the "stars" of Ms. Balogh's bestselling Slightly series. I must confess I was less than charmed by the Bedwyins - especially Freyja, who was utterly hateful in every single appearance she made in this book - and I really don't see them as hero/heroine material. But I'm curious, so I guess I'll have to find that out how Ms. Balogh has managed to turn a bunch of rude and ill-manered characters into worthy heroes/heroines...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment