Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review: "Hold" by Zannie Adams

HoldHold by Zannie Adams

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Gasp, this steamy novella from EC has a plot!!! Is it the end of the world as we know it? LOL!

From the book blurb:

Convicted by the Coalition of a minor crime, Riana is sentenced to life on a prison planet - no order, no safety, just a primitive hold filled with criminals vying for dominance. The only way Riana can survive is to give herself to the strongest man there in return for protection. By desperate instinct, she chooses a mysterious, handsome loner named Cain. She offers him her body and can only hope he'll be able to protect her from the other inmates who circle her like beasts.

She never dreams she will come to take pleasure in Cain. Or want to offer him her heart as well as her body.

I admit that I started to read this book expecting to find a flimsy plot hidden behind a bunch of scorching sex scenes, so I was more than pleasantly surprised when I realized I'd been way off the mark.

This story was dark and sometimes violent, as life in a prison dominated by dangerous criminals should be, and some events could have been disturbing if I hadn't ditched the rose-tinted glasses I usually wear when reading romance books. Don't let that scare you away from this book, though. Ultimately, it's still a romance book, with a great plot, a sexy and dangerous hero, a likable heroine, a believable love story and, yes, hot sex scenes. It even has an epilogue, even though I think the story would have been better wihtout it. Yeah, I know I complain when a romance book doesn't have an epilogue, but in this case, the epilogue didn't fit the story. Does that make sense? No? Well, you'll have to read the book to understand what I mean. ;)


"My" Cain - dark, dangerous and delicious:

Photobucket



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment