Sunday, May 15, 2011

Review: "Woman on the Run" by Lisa Marie Rice

Woman on the RunWoman on the Run by Lisa Marie Rice

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was another good book by LMR. I loved both Coop and Julia, even though I didn't understand at first how she fell in love with him since he barely talked to her and, quite frankly, he didn't know what foreplay was - I mean, he knew what it was but just didn't have enough control to dedicate himself to it, LOL.

The thing that bothered me in this book was the amount of scenes dedicated to the villain bent on killing Julia. There were too many of them, to the point that it was annoyingly distracting, and they didn't add anything to the story. LMR made a point of calling the villain "the professional" all the time, trying to keep his/her gender a secret until the end, but I had him/her figured out right from his/her first appearance. No biggie, but not good for the "suspense" part of the book.

I had some good laughs with this book - it was funnier than I'd thought, in a good way - and I closed it with a smile on my face. Very nice!!! So far, I haven't read a LMR book I didn't enjoy. :)

Final note: This book is pretty tame, considering that it's an EC release. The c-word is used a few times, but this book is neither erotica nor romantica.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment