Thursday, May 5, 2011

Review: "Taming the Beast" by Amy J. Fetzer

Taming The Beast (Silhouette Desire, #1361)Taming The Beast by Amy J. Fetzer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


From the book blurb:

Summoned like a serving girl to the king, Laura Cambridge was hired as nanny to Richard Blackthrone's secret child. Rumors about this hulking recluse didn't daunt Laura - he beauty-queen past had taught her the inner person didn't always match the facade. But Richard's heart was as painfully scarred as his chiseled features...

To Richard, lovely Laura was like candy dangled in front of a baby - he was offered the sweet, but denied the taste. Yet sometimes grizzly bears enjoyed a taste of honey... and the love of Jane Eyre. So Richard dared to woo his green-eyed goddess, gambing that - like Jane - Laura would one day declare, "Reader, I married him."


**********

This is one of the best Beauty and the Beast stories I've ever read. Considering how short the book is, I was happily surprised to see the depth of emotions Amy Fetzer had managed to pack in it.

Richard was a very angsty hero, physically and emotionally scarred, and Laura and his daughter Kelly were perfect in helping him realize he should stop hiding from the world and start living again.

If there's one thing I'd "complain", it would be Laura's behavior near the end of the book. It sounded a little off and I didn't understand how she came to the conclusion that Richard didn't love her. Anyway, it was just a silly moment on her part and, all things considered, it didn't bother me that much because I was already in love with the book. :)

This is definitely a MUST READ to everyone who loves an emotional and enchanting love story!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment