Saturday, May 14, 2011

Review: "One of the Guys" by Shiloh Walker

One of the GuysOne of the Guys by Shiloh Walker

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This was my 2nd book by Shiloh Walker and I loved it!

Brian is a wonderful hero, always caring and supportive, and he falls hard and fast for Jaynie. Well, not really "fast" if you consider the fact that they've known each other forever, but once they hook up after she's finally dumped her less-than-worthy fiancé, Brian is a goner. His insecurity about Jaynie's feelings only makes him more adorable and it was a good reprieve from the over-confident heroes that inhabit Romancelandia.

Jaynie takes longer to fall for Brian and she never says the famous 3 little words - "I love you" - to him, not even at the end of the book. This would normally bother me but, in this case, I thought it was very fitting to the story. She's spent 10 rather happy, though oblivious, years of her life with a guy that ends up being a jerk and a cheater, so it's only natural to see her being a bit wary about her new feelings for Brian - especially if you consider that, by the end of the book, they've been together for less than a month. BUT regardless of Jaynie's unspoken words, I have no doubt in my mind that she loves Brian and that they'll live HEA. :)



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment