Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Review: "Anything for You" by Sarah Mayberry

Anything for You (Harlequin Blaze, #278)Anything for You by Sarah Mayberry

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


3 1/2 stars



This is a friends-to-lovers story, and that's all I need to say to summarize the plot. :) I like this kind of story, it's one of my comfort reads. I usually know what I'm getting and it's up to the author to deliver engaging characters, a pleasant pace to the story, some nice banter between the H/h and, why not, sexy love scenes.

This book was a hit in almost everything - Sam and Delaney were likable, their chemistry was great and their interactions (in and outside of the bedroom) were fun - but there was something off with the development of Sam's journey from "friend" to "lover". I liked him, but he seemed to be kind of imature for a 30-year-old man...

Sam in dreadlocks:

Photobucket

He spent the whole story completely clueless about his feelings - and Delaney's too, for that matter - and, a few pages before the end of the book, he had a sudden epiphany and realized he was in love with her... Yes, I've read books like that before and I enjoyed them shamelessly, but something in Ms. Mayberry's writing didn't sell that scenario to me this time. An epilogue would have helped me to believe Sam's change of heart, but alas, there wasn't one in the book.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment