Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Review: "The Pearl at the Gate" by Anya Delvay

The Pearl at the GateThe Pearl at the Gate by Anya Delvay

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


When I read the book description, I thought this would be an interesting read, as a story about a married couple discovering their "forbidden" desires and kinks is right up my alley, but when I opened the ebook and realized it was a short story, I had to lower my expectations. Still, I thought it could be good, because skilled authors can make almost anything work.

Sadly, that wasn't the case here. The story's premise was never developed into anything resembling a plot. The book description was the whole story, or better, the setup for the sex scene where Roake's and Jenesta's hidden sexual needs were revealed. I've read and enjoyed stories like that (aka smut) before and I'm sure I'll read and enjoy others in the future, so why didn't I like this one? It all comes down to Roake and Jenesta, I'm afraid. I didn't "connect" with them so I found myself indifferent to their sex scene and HEA.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment